Today, I will be working on creating a few batch files and organizing them as well. The files are very simple to make and organize.
Here are the names of the files I will be creating:
- Move Wallpapers
- Move MP4s
- Move MP3s
- Move Trailers
- Move JPG
- Move PNG
I know it may sound like a lot, but I believe this will greatly help me with organizing my files. I plan to keep these files in one folder on the desktop, hide all desktop icons and folders, and pin the "Folder" for my batch files on the left sidebar for Windows 11 Explorer.
I will explain how I will be doing this step by step below:
1. Make a folder on the desktop called "Bat" and then open Notepad.
2. Open the main folders for things like Pictures, Videos, and Music.
3. Create new folders inside each folder.
Now, the main folders will have subfolders like this:
- Videos> Anime, Captures, Fitness, Movies, New Videos, TV Shows.
All MP4 files from the "Downloads" area will be moved to "New Videos," and then I will organize them from there.
The same process will be repeated for each file type.
So, my first batch file looks like this:
@echo off
Title Move_MP4
pause
echo To move all files ending with .mp4
move "C:\Users\USER Name\Downloads\*.mp4" "C:\Users\USER Name\Videos\New Videos"
It's pretty simple.
Next, all I need to do is save this Notepad file as Move_MP4 and then do the same with the other file names. I will change from Move_MP4 to Move_MP3 and then change the location to move to a folder called "New Music," which I will create inside the "Music" main folder. I will continue this process until all batch files are created for the "Downloads" folder.
This process is straightforward once you have the files created the way you want them.

Comments
Post a Comment